National Diploma: Public Finance & Administration SAQA ID 49554, NQF Level 5
The purpose of the NQF level 5 Public Finance and Administration qualification is to provide a structured programme for public officials that work with senior management officials so as to provide support to strategic leadership and management needed to transform all spheres of government. The need for well-qualified efficient, client-oriented public officials is therefore identified as a priority in all the three spheres of government. The National Diploma in Public Finance Management and Administration (NQF level 5) is aimed at practitioners working in the public sector. It is a qualification in a career pathway towards an accomplished public finance management and administration specialist.
The National Diploma in Public Finance and Administration consists of exit level learning outcomes covering accounting reporting, administration, auditing, budgeting, economics, information systems, business calculations, risk management and legislative framework for the public sector. The competencies covered in the unit standards encapsulate the competencies required by public officials working at the operational level.
The qualification will therefore enhance the ability of the qualifying learner as a public finance official to perform the necessary financial administration tasks expected as well as improve management abilities. In this way, the qualification enhances transferability of skills within different spheres of the public sector. At the same time, a learner will gain a firm foundation required for studies leading to qualifications registered at NQF levels 6 and 7. All these enhance transferability of skills between the private and public sector.
Norkem Leadership has developed a skills programme for this qualification and is structured as follows;
- Public Sector Management principles
- Develop oneself within the public sector
- Legal aspects of public finance management
- Economics within Public Finance Management
- Public Finance Accounting principles
- Financial Management Principles
- Records Management.
- Norkem Leadership Development Institute is prou...
Courses & Trainings
- Stakeholder Relationships Engagement & Assessments
- Microsoft Office
- Managing Organisations and Institutions
- Executive Secretary and Administration
- Public Sector Management Programmes
- Computer and ICT Programmes
- Human Resource Management Development
- Financial Management and Economic Analysis
- Project Management Programmes
- National Treasury Minimum Competency Training
- Public Finance & Administration SAQA ID 49554, NQF Level 5
- Municipal Finance Management (MFM) SAQA ID 48965, NQF Level 6
- Further Education and Training Certificate: Early Childhood Development SAQA ID 58761, NQF Level 4