National Certificate: Public Administration SAQA ID 50060, NQF Level 5
The purpose of the NQF level 5 Public Administration qualification is to provide a structured programme for public officials that work with senior management officials so as to provide support to strategic leadership and management needed to transform all spheres of government. The need for well-qualified efficient, client-oriented public officials is therefore identified as a priority in all the three spheres of government. The National Certificate in Public Administration (NQF Level 5) is aimed at practitioners working in the public sector. It is a qualification in a career pathway towards an accomplished public administration and management specialist.
The National Certificate in Public Administration consists of Exit Level Outcomes covering service delivery, knowledge management, formulation of public sector policies, risk management, applying the public sector legislative framework, managing people, leadership, financial administration, project management and information technology for the public sector. The competencies covered in the proposed unit standards encapsulate the competencies required by public officials working at the operational level.
The qualification will therefore enhance the ability of the qualifying learner as a public finance official to perform the necessary administration tasks expected as well as improve management abilities. In this way, the qualification enhances transferability of skills within different spheres of the public sector. At the same time, a learner will gain a firm foundation required for furthering studies at NQF levels 6 and 7. This qualification enables transferability of skills between the private and public sector.
With regard to the implementation of public administration and management reforms, the qualification serves, as a basis of an effective implementation process by defining and identifying those competencies required by technical public officials. The possession of relevant knowledge, skills and attitude by public officials is crucial to the implementation of public sector administration and management reforms. Thus, the qualification contributes to the upfliftment of South African economy in line with the aims of existing skills development legislations through enhancing of skill levels of public sector employees.
When you have completed the qualification, you will be able to follow the various career paths within the Public Sectors;
- Financial Services.
- Project/Public Entity Management.
- Norkem Leadership Development Institute is prou...
Courses & Trainings
- Stakeholder Relationships Engagement & Assessments
- Microsoft Office
- Managing Organisations and Institutions
- Executive Secretary and Administration
- Public Sector Management Programmes
- Computer and ICT Programmes
- Human Resource Management Development
- Financial Management and Economic Analysis
- Project Management Programmes
- National Treasury Minimum Competency Training
- Public Finance & Administration SAQA ID 49554, NQF Level 5
- Municipal Finance Management (MFM) SAQA ID 48965, NQF Level 6
- Further Education and Training Certificate: Early Childhood Development SAQA ID 58761, NQF Level 4